It’s hard to beat a classic guacamole, but you could try giving it a healthy boost by adding nutrient-rich spirulina with this simple recipe.
How to cook with spirulina
Want some other ideas about how to add spirulina to your cooking and what its many health benefits are? Find them here!
Simple Guacamole Recipe with Optional Spirulina
- 1 large avocado
- half red onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 small tomato diced into small pieces
- 1 handful fresh chopped coriander, chopped optional, but totally worth while adding
- 1 splash olive oil
- half juice of a lime
- 1 tsp spirulina heaped
- Mash up the avocado flesh in a mixing bowl
- Add the other ingredients and mix together. If you are adding spirulina, it will make the guacamole a dark green colour. Don't worry, this is perfectly normal.
- Any leftovers should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge, as guacamole doesn't keep well.